because the woman's place is wherever the woman is...


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dee Booher


Born in California in 1938, much bigger than the average woman and even bigger than many men, Dee Booher discovered the sport of wrestling while she was a student at El Camino College and rapidly became their star. Winning 75% of her matches in the 200-pound class -- all against male wrestlers -- Booher helped to propel the team to the state championship and the school was too happy about winning to care how they did it. Turning her collegiate success into a career in professional wrestling, Booher earned great respect coast-to-coast as “Queen Kong” and “Matilda the Hun.” How in-your-face is that?!

1 comment:

  1. One of the craziest nights in my life: in the 80's, I was playing in a speedmetal band. I was a fairly big dude....6'2" and about 225. Partying at closing time one night at a great bar called the RainTree....I feel myself getting picked up and next thing I know this gal (who now has me over her shoulder like a sack of potates) yells out to the other GLOW ladies at the bar, "I got what I want! You gals grab a man and let's get outta here!" She very kindly set me down after carrying me outside and we all had a good laugh. Pretty lady. Strong as an ox, no kiddin!

    ReplyDelete